This opportunity is now closed and interviewing is underway.
Please check back for an update soon.
Duration: Full time
Start date: ASAP
Location: Cardiff city centre
Salary: Up to £35k + benefits depending on experience
Are you a passionate, talented comms professional with around three years’ experience in an agency role? Perhaps you’re looking for your next move up the ladder or a move to a new challenge. You most definitely want your work to make a difference.
If you’ve said “That’s me” to the above, then we could be calling you our newest Campaign Manager.
Delivering campaigns that work, for clients you love and causes you believe in, you’ll work with some outstanding organisations including Welsh Government, National Trust, National Adoption Service and Visit Wales.
Working in a growing team alongside your Campaign Director and two Campaign Assistants, you’ll be pivotal in ensuring our high profile campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
You’ll be driven to ensure your campaigns pack a punch and can be agile in their delivery. You’ll be skilled in working on multiple projects at once and making excellent relationships with your clients – wanting to go above and beyond to make sure every campaign or piece of work is a success.
Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm for doing things a little bit differently will be a key to your progression.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and creating campaigns that work seamlessly across PR, social, influencer engagement and other communications channels – brainstorm fresh ideas for integrated campaigns and being active in generating those ideas on a daily basis
- Managing the delivery of campaigns across a portfolio of clients to ensure they are carried out creatively, enthusiastically, on time, on budget and exceed expectations
- Day to day client liasion ensuring projects are being delivered beyond their satisfaction – building strong, open and honest relationships
- Managing a team and their workloads to support you in the successful delivery of campaigns, providing guidance, feedback and identifying opportunities for their development
- Media relations – copywriting, case study and spokespeople interviewing and briefing, growing your network of journalist contacts and knowledge of media in Wales and the UK to be able to ensure your campaigns get solid, extensive coverage in the right outlets
- Developing and managing targeted advertising and digital campaigns that are audience focused and based on insight
- Handling client social media accounts and ensuring output is of the moment, pushes the norm and audience focused
- Creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders for your campaigns
- Proofing copy and content – this means a keen eye for detail, excellent grammar and writing skills and knowledge of what makes strong, engaging content
- Carrying out research into target audiences for campaigns and tenders
- Attending and leading client meetings – ensuring actions are delivered within a reasonable timeframe
- Representing cowshed at client events, industry conferences and social engagements
- Using the latest evaluation tools to monitor campaigns and make informed suggestions on how to make them even better as you go, not just at the end
- Reporting results to the wider team and clients on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Regularly searching for new innovations to improve our team performance (client reports, time management etc.)
- Championing diversity in the team and our campaigns
- Undertaking training courses to improve your own CPD and the development of the team
The core skills we are looking for:
- Outstanding project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills – you will be a doer not just a delegator!
- Experience in managing clients and/or campaigns right through from conception to evaluation
- Experience of managing a range of budgets, media planning and buying and implementation of successful advertising campaigns
- Experience of setting up paid media campaigns on social and other channels
- Knowledge of all the latest industry news
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in managing a small team
- A keen eye for detail so all our work is without error
- Ability to analyse complex data and interpret it for a range of audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience of delivering bilingual campaigns
- A strong networker
Highly desirable (extra) skills:
- Degree level education
- Welsh speaking
- You’ll be self-motivated, dedicated and curious
- You’ll take responsibility for getting the job done for your clients
- You’ll be the lynchpin of the team and highly organised to make sure campaigns are delivered on time and to budget
- You’ll care about your team and its success, nurturing your assistants and championing their growth
- You’ll be honest and expect to be treated like an adult, treating others the same way
- Confident, passionate and not afraid to put ideas and methods to improve ways of working forward
- You will share in Cowshed’s philosophy and be an active member of the team
In return we offer the chance to work on campaigns that change behaviours with a truly collaborative, passionate team. Plus a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package and a city centre location. Salary up to £35,000 pro rata depending on experience.
Apply with a CV and covering letter outlining why this role is for you to firstname.lastname@example.org