As 2019 comes to a close, we take a look at some of the big moments in the Cowshed calendar and look forward to what’s in store in 2020.
It’s been a huge year – not only have we moved into a beautiful new office, but our team has doubled in size. The driver that makes sure we give our clients everything we’ve got, every time, is the passion and clarity that we’re changing lives for the better. Here are some highlights:
- We’ve helped raise millions for Comic Relief
- 15 more families had a house to live in for Christmas thanks to #The400 campaign for Cadwyn Housing
- 35 people have been helped on their journey away from homelessness through the Give DIFFerently campaign
- 20 businesses pledged to support ex-offenders and recovering addicts as part of our work on More Then My Past with The Forward Trust
- 53 people bravely shared their stories of adverse childhood experiences through our work with Ace Hub Wales
- We’ve encouraged more people to think about adoption as a choice to grow their families
- More than 250 businesses have registered jobs through We Care Wales website
- 63% of business in the historic Cardiff arcades reported an increase in sales versus last year down to our City of Arcades campaign.
We’ve taken on some absolute corkers of clients this year too. From private companies including Smart Solutions, Princes Gate and ISCA Guard, to charities including Street Child UK, Keep a Child Alive, United Purpose, WWF Cymru and the United Nations Refugee Agency. As well as campaigns for the Welsh Government including Visit Wales, Primary Care and Education Workforce Council.
And we’re doing everything we can to empower the next generation of professionals into the industry. We launched our first internship in January of this year, closely followed by Wales’ first BAME internships in the marketing and communication sector. Through both of these programmes we’ve taken on four awesome campaign assistants, all perfect additions to our Cowshed family.
We’ve also signed up to the UN Global Compact. This means we’re now one of 22 media companies in the UK incorporating the 10 principles and values of corporate sustainability into our day to day lives. 2020 will see us do more and more in this area.
And we’ve grown. Boy have we grown. To a team of 20, bringing some serious specialist skills on board. Bill Thomas joined the team straight from PR agency Berkeley Communications in Reading where he led on media relations working across specialisms such as biometrics and cybersecurity. In August, Gareth Price joined as our new digital marketing warlord, swapping encouraging people to bet online to using his dark arts to drive conversions for causes he believes in. Scott Wilson-Evans, our newest campaign manager, joined us from The London Mint where he was communication manager. He’s already taken some of our biggest clients under his wing with his infectious energy. Martyn Jones joins as web developer with 13 years’ experience of building complex web platforms for B2B and B2C clients, and last but by no means least, Maris Latham, a graduate from Cardiff Met has joined the creative team as Junior Designer, a first language Welsh speaker Maris is ensuring our creatives work in Welsh first.
We were named one of the 50 most exciting companies to work for and one of the 50 fastest growing companies in Wales. And we’ve won some ace awards, including flying to Baltimore to collect an International award for Place Marketing for our City of Arcades campaign.
We look forward to 2020 with the passion we started 2019 with. Building strong futures for our team members and better lives for those who we create campaigns for. Thank you 2019 for being kind to us. Here’s to the start of a new decade.
Lots of love,
Vicki and the team xx